I believe the AltaPoint product has for years been reliable, and we always seem to come back to it.
- Go the ONC CHPL website: http://onc-chpl.force.com/ehrcert
- Following the instructions on the site, search for the certified EHR products. There are many ways to search, but one option is to search by the ONC EHR Certification ID assigned or the Product Name (AltaPoint).
- When the EHR product(s) is found, select the link on its row called “Add to Cart”. There is a shopping cart icon next to it.
- Now in the Certification Cart section, verify the products in the cart are correct. Then, select the “Get CMS EHR Certification ID” button in the top right corner to request a CMS EHR Certification ID. However, the button will not be activated until the items in your cart meet 100% of the required criteria. If your EHR product(s) do not meet 100% of the Meaningful Use incentives, then a CMS EHR Certification ID number can not be issued.
- Finally, you will see the CMS EHR Certification ID. It is typically a 15 digit string made up alphanumeric characters.
Here are the rules in place in Altapoint for EHR locking.
- If the record is signed and check out < 48 hours after check in, the office has 48 hours from the time of CHECK OUT to modify the record before it is locked.
- If the record is signed and checked out > 48 hours after check in, the record is locked immediately with no opportunity to modify the record after check out.
- After a record is locked, the following items can still be modified:
a. Immunizations can be added.
b. Medical History can be modified (add, change, delete)
c. Labs/Diagnostic Reports can be added via the Import Labs functionality
d. Medications can be added/changed/deleted
e. Anything not mentions above is locked and cannot be changed.
Yes, you may reposition the vertical and horizontal lines above the tasks area (on the bottom right quadrant) to see more months ahead.
If you have an insurance company that is not listed on the ENS payer list, but would like to send your claims to ENS for this insurance company, contact that insruance company and inquire if they accept electronic claims. If they do, ask them for the payor ID number and their telephone number. Fax this information to ENS attn Jon 888-567-8880. ENS will contact this company and get them on the payer list. Note once the Payer is on the ENS payer list, you will use the Payer ID number that is on the ENS payer list. NOT the payer ID number that the insurance company gave you.
Advanced Physician Solutions
The implementation from me hosting my system to online was easy. There are a couple of things that need to be fixed, such as the forms do not print right. Hopefully it won’t be too long to have these issues resolved. The staff has been helpful in trying to fix these things and are trying to get IT help involved for more major fixes. It’s very nice to have the system online because you can access it from anywhere.
Carla S from Dr. B’s Kids
I think that the AltaPoint software is very easy to use. I only use it for billing though. I have version 11.00.34 now, which has now been upgraded to version 14. This is the second time I have purchased AltaPoint. I have been using AltaPoint for about 12 years. The implementation from me hosting my system to online was easy. There are a couple of things that need to be fixed, such as the forms do not print right. Hopefully it won’t be too long to have these issues resolved. The staff has been helpful in trying to fix these things and are trying to get IT help involved for more major fixes. It’s very nice to have the system online because you can access it from anywhere.